The Challenge Is Back!
If you don't already have 20/20 vision, and we're guessing that very few of you do, put on whatever device you need to give you enhanced vision and join us in a challenge to see all of your quilts completed in 2020. Yes, after a year down the rabbit hole the "unfinished" challenge has resurfaced, with a new name -- IQ's or "Incomplete Quilts." Why the change? Because this is a challenge to complete quilts, not just "projects." There will be three qualifying sizes:
Size 1 will be quilts measuring 36" up to 59" vertically.
Size 2 will be 60" up to 79" vertically.
Size 3 will be any quilt over 80" vertically.
Of course, as always, there are plenty of incentives for you to participate. Five rewards are possible:
The first and most important is the personal satisfaction that comes from being a finisher.
The second is a $20 gift certificate drawing for each month.
The third is a gift basket in each category for the quilter who finishes the most quilts in that category.
The fourth is gift certificate(s) totaling $100 to a lucky winner in each category.
The fifth is a gift certificate(s) totaling $100 to a lucky winner in all the categories combined.
So keep in mind the following rules:
1. UQG membership must be current for participants. Memberships run from April 1 through the following March 31.
2. Get your IQ Challenge Form from the website. If you cannot get the form from the website, contact me, Nancy Roberts (email@example.com).
3. Submit your completed Challenge Form to me via snail mail before November 30, 2019. My address is in the Utah Quilt Guild Membership Directory on the website. (You will need to log in to access the Directory.) List as many IQ's and pages that you want. The first column is for me to track completion dates. Place X's in each row and column for the parts of the project that have been completed. Be certain to legibly enter your name, email, phone number and page # on each page submitted. IQ's may not be added to the form after November 30, 2019. Please retain a copy of your records. Completed IQ's may not be submitted after August 31, 2020.
4. Send a photo of your completed IQ's and description or name to me each month that you complete one of more of your IQ's. Snail mail or email completions must be received no later than the last day of the following month to be included in the previous month's drawing. The winner will be announced in the next Beeline. Example: January's finished IQ's will be announced in March's Beeline.
5. Grand prize winners for the challenge will be drawn at the Saturday 2020 Quilt Fest luncheon (aka the Mad Hatter's Daily Tea Party). Each completed IQ will be entered to win one of the grand prizes. We are changing the eligibility a little. In order to win the monthly prize, the gift basket, or the $100 in gift certificate(s) in each category you must be a member of UQG. In order to win the fifth category of $100 in gift certificate(s) in all the categories combined you need to be a member and be in attendance at the Saturday Quilt Fest luncheon.
Get ready! Get set!
Put on your 2020 glasses and finish those quilts!
Enjoy the process!
Click here to download a pdf of the Challenge Instructions/Rules
Click here to download a pdf of the Challenge Form
Click here to download an Excel spreadsheet of the Challenge Form