Level: All Levels
Time: Wednesday All Day,
8:30-11:30 AM & 2:00-5:00 PM
Price: $67.50 / $90.00
Contact Teacher: ww.barbaraolsonquiltart.com
Lab Fee: $3
Jump Start Kit Fee: $30 (Optional at www.barbaraolsonquiltart.com)
Class Description: Students will learn the techniques Barbara uses in her award winning quilts for designing and constructing magical spirals, and will begin a small wall hanging containing one 18” block. Foundation piecing is used to achieve precise points for the geometric black and white spiral. Color is then added to the next round of the spiral with strips to complete the block. Drafting of the spiral will be demonstrated, a preprinted pattern will be provided. Many design options will be discussed.
Class Supply List:
- Sewing Machine: Machine must be in proper adjustment and have zigzag capabilities. Students must be familiar with machine.
- Extension Cord
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Needles 75/11 Embroidery
- Thread Invisible nylon thread - smoke
- Regular Sewing Thread - white and neutral color
- 60 Weight Bobbin for bobbin - neutral
- Flannel Design Wall or 22" x 34" foam core board fannel
- Rotary Cutter, mat and ruler
- Foundation Material 1 Yard Sulky Totally Stable at least 18” wide, Available for purchase in Class.
- Black Permanent Ink Felt Tip Pen Sharpie extra fine point is best or similar permanent marking pen.
- Glue Stick - Must be Re-Stickable or Re-Positionable Clover or Scotch brand by 3M are best (glue stick is available at office supply stores)
- Optional: Add a 1/4" Ruler
Fabric: jump start kit available
- 1/2 Yard Each of pre-washed black and white, good quality, 100% cotton fabric
- 1/2 Yard of a Multi-Colored Cosmic Background Fabric (Fabric that surrounds the two blocks).
- Choose 5 different colors for fabrics 5 fabrics in each color 1/8 yard or larger pieces, grading from dark to medium to light for a total of 25 different fabrics or even more graduations per color if you wish. A variety of fabrics such as batiks or interesting small or medium prints, in a pleasing combination of colors and textures. Jelly Rolls may augment choices