Level: All Levels
Time: Saturday All Day,
8:30-11:30 AM & 2:00-5:00 PM
Price: $67.50 / $90.00
Contact Teacher: ww.barbaraolsonquiltart.com
Pattern Fee: $4
JUMP START YOUR CREATIVITY KIT: $30 at www.barbaraolsonquiltart.com
Class Description: This technique is for the quilter that is ready to break out of the box and experience a playful way of creating. Too much thinking or fear often stops quilters from trying new designs and fabrics. A simple flower pattern is the first ingredient, a wide array of wild, powerful & playful novelty fabrics (polka dots, geometrics, floral's, etc.) and few solid fabrics is the second ingredient and willing spirit is the third ingredient. A pattern will be provided.
Class Supply List:
- Sewing Machine with Zig Zag capabilities.
- Invisible Thread
- 60 Weight Bobbin Thread - neutral color
- Straight Pins
- Small Sharp-Point Paper and Fabric Scissors
- Design Wall or 22" x 34" foam core board or flannel
- Two Yards Sulky Totally Stable
- Fusible Web - 1 sheet 8” x 10” - Steam a Seam 2 regular - light weight works best
- Black Permanent Ink Felt Tip Pen - Sharpie extra fine point is best
- Repositionable or Re-stickable Glue Stick
- Jumpstart Your Creativity Kit - Available for purchase. Kit Includes 2 yards Sulky Totally Stable, 1 package Steam-A-Seam, Repositionable glue stick, Superior Mono-Poly and Bottom Line bobbin thread, Sharpie marker.
- A variety of 12 or more 1/2 yard pieces of fun/playful novelty fabrics. The fabrics could be polka dots, geometrics, large floral's, etc. Give yourself many choices don’t worry about coordinating.
- 4 or more 1/2 yard pieces of solid or fabrics that read solid that could possibly go with your collection.
- 1/4yard piece of a high contrast fabric Could be black & white.
- i.e. Pull a playful selection of novelty fabric from your collection or library of fabrics. What better fabrics to work with to get the brain out of the way. This is not a struggle of matching fabric for a perfect quilt. Trust your instincts & pull fabrics for no other reason than it looks fun and playful.