Level: All Levels
Time: Saturday All Day
8:30-11:30 am & 2:00-5:00 pm
Price: $48 / $64
Contact Teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kit Fee: $20
Pattern Fee: $8
Class Description: Learn the simple NO-fuss method of machine applique using Annie's award-winning technique. The Baltimore Carnation is a beautiful design that can be created in any assortment of fabrics and colors. The project is small enough for a one-day workshop but the complete techniques that you learn will be used for years to come.
Class Supply List:
- Sewing Machine, power cord, foot pedal, machine manual.
- An Open-toe Applique foot (this foot is u-shaped. You must have this foot for class)
- Fabrics for the project: 1 fat quarter of background fabric. Scraps of fabric for the flowers, leaves and stems -- they should be at least fat eighths in size. Three greens for stems and leaves, two fabrics for carnations, and four fabrics for center flower.
- Thread to match fabrics (50 weight cotton thread) I use Mettler. I do not use Aurifil 50 wt. for Machine Applique it would be too thin) -- you can use Aurifil 28 wt. I will have several spools and colors of 28 wt. Aurifil thread for sale in the classroom)
- 5-7 empty bobbins
- Small sharp scissors
- Microtex 80/12 needle
- Carnation pattern
- Soft Fuse fusible web package
- self-threading needle
- cleaning brush